Wow! Just last night my husband mentioned something to me about a promotion he saw for a “book sale”. I was immediately interested and he sent me the information. I wish I would have known about it sooner! *This event was in Houston and has since ended*. It was called “Friends of HPL Big Book Sale”. HPL= Houston Public Library. Basically it was one huge book sale and all of the proceeds benefitted the Houston Public Library and its outreach initiatives. All of the children’s books were $1, other books ranged from $2 to $4. The event was held from 9am-4pm at a local middle school. We got there around 2:30pm and I was thinking, “all of the books are going to be picked over/gone”. WRONG. There were still many books left! AND *drum roll please* when we walked in, one of the volunteers announced, “everything is now buy one get one free”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So for only a $10 total, I got all of the books you see in the picture! I was/am super excited and happy!
I picked up the following:
- “The Nanny Diaries” by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
- “Mayada Daughter of Iraq” by Jean Sasson
- “We Are Not Afraid” by Seth Cagin and Philip Dray
- “All The Money In The World” by John Pearson
- “forever” by Pete Hamill
- “My Sunshine Away” by M.O. Walsh
- “The Enchantress of Florence” by Salman Rushdie
- “crow lake” by Mary Lawson
- “Madame Picasso” by Anne Girard
- “The Signature of All Things” by Elizabeth Gilbert
Have y’all read any of these? What are your thoughts? Good/bad?
*Thank you to my husband for editing the picture for me!